Sunday 31 July 2016

Peaches and Cream

Today is the last day of food-freedom before the 8-weeks-of-solitude diet begins. I was going to use today as a preparation day; writing shopping lists, planning a week of dinners for me and separate dinners for the boys (husband and two children). However, in true summer-style we ended up going round to my inlaws's house to eat BBQ, drink copious amounts of alcohol and play in the hot tub. We had a great day but I have been left feeling a bit worse for wear this evening, and there is no plan in place.
I am just about able to throw together the Blueberry and Green Tea shake for breakfast for both Mum and I. Albeit substituting the blueberries for raspberries because that's all I have in the freezer (I've checked the calorie content of raspberries and blueberries and I'm pleased to say there's not much in them - 2 calories per hundred grams as is happens).
Tomorrow it begins then. With a shake for breakfast. And a headache and probably a very grumpy me.
Also, I broke my ice cream maker this evening by dropping it on the floor and Jamie Oliver's old fashioned peach ice cream turned into a disaster when I accidentally scrambled the eggs instead of making a thick and creamy custard. So the whole lot went in the bin - ice cream maker as well.
I hope I have more luck tomorrow and that this is not an omen for the next 8 weeks...
Off to have a few chocolate biscuits before the food-drought sets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment