Friday 2 September 2016

Frazzled Friday

Today has been a little difficult because I have been tired. I should have been on cloud nine because it's Friday, but it doesn't always work like that does it?

I have felt fuzzy and unfocused all day at work and to be honest all I have wanted to do is go to sleep. I had planned to do a little run before dinner but it was the last thing I felt like doing (but probably the thing I needed most).

I couldn't make my mind up if I was going to run or not, but in the end I did. And I'm glad I did. The run worked its magic, as always, and woke me up and gave me a much needed serotonin rush. I'm starting to feel sleepy again now, but that's okay because it's getting late now and after all, it's perfectly acceptable to feel sleepy when it's late.

After dinner (halloumi salad) I have felt the need for something sweet and for the first time in a long time I have scoured the cupboards for something to satisfy me. I am very pleased to report, especially following last night's blog, that I settled on a few almonds and raisins. My calories my be over the 800 limit today, but at least I haven't reached for anything naughty. I can tell you though, it was a hell of a struggle not to stuff one of the boys' doughnuts into my mouth, whole, earlier. Phew!!!

We all have days like this and it's good to acknowledge them. It's incorrect to think that everyday is blast when on a diet like this - it's just not. Sometimes you get hungry, sometimes all you want to do is sleep. Sometimes you will crave sugar, even if you haven't for ages. But I bet that even if you are not restricting your calories you get the same feelings, I know I certainly did. So I could tell myself that I'm not eating enough, or that I need a sugar fix, but I know that both of those things aren't true. The truth is, I'm just not on form today. The difference is that I would usually reach for sugar-filled treats and drinks to perk me up, and today I haven't.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment