Tuesday 20 September 2016

Week Eight


Hello Week Eight. Here we are, face to face.

We are nearly there. At the end.

When this started I never thought Week Eight would come. But here you are...

We’ve had some slips, and a few family dilemmas and stresses – which is why I haven’t been blogging lately – but the wall chart has never been taken down. I have dutifully crossed off every day, even if my calories sky-rocketed for a day (or two). One day I ate so much rubbish that I woke up in the night feeling sick three times!! It was a terrible night and I regretted over-doing it. The next day I had a food hangover – honestly. I was sluggish, my brain wasn’t functioning properly and I had little-to-no tolerance for my family. I spent the whole day on the sofa watching mind-numbing TV with my three-year-old shouting at anyone who came near me – lucky I didn’t have work that day.

I am back on track now and have been for a few days. So is Mum. We are both still losing weight, although it’s much slower and we have both been forgetting about the 800 calorie count on some days (for me it’s usually the weekends).

I have been running more and going out for longer runs, which I am pleased with. My times are getting faster and I feel good while I’m running.

This diet should be over on Sunday (five days’ time) but because I have been going over the 800 calorie a day limit on occasion, I am extending it until next Friday. Mum and I are calling this ‘Two Perfect Weeks’. We are trying really hard. And earlier this evening, when I came so close to eating a spoonful of peanut butter but turned my back on it at the last minute, I was very proud of myself. So here I am again writing my blog and encouraging anyone who is reading this who’s had a slip up to get back on the wagon. It's not too late. A few bad days doesn't ruin everything. Start again. Do Two Perfect Weeks with Mum and me. Turn your back on the biscuit tin and feel great!

(P.S. I still haven't eaten a biscuit)  

No comments:

Post a Comment