Wednesday 3 August 2016

From Here to the Pier. And Back Again.

Seeing as it's the summer holidays, we (Mum and I) walked with the boys into Bournemouth today along the beach. It's 2.5 miles from our house to Bournemouth Pier. So by the time we have walked there, looked in a few shops and walked home again we are probably looking at 6 miles, maybe more.

We usually do this in the school holidays - it's our treat (mine and Mum's). We walk there, let the boys do something for a bit and then drag them to the pub where we let them eat whatever they want for lunch, ply them with ice cream and lemonade and let them play on any handheld gaming device we have with us (iPhone, Nintendo DS). While the boys are distracted, Mum and I get plastered on red wine and lager respectively. We eat whatever we want, ply ourselves with ice cream and slur at each other until it's time to stagger home.

Today we did things differently.

We didn't have breakfast. We agreed in advance we would refrain from food in the morning to allow us (sob) just one glass of wine each. That's right, we chose to drink a glass of wine instead of having breakfast. Actually we both found that neither of us were hungry at all until about 12pm.

We both ordered the lowest calorie lunch we could see on the menu - Chicken Caeser Salad (no bacon thank you, that's nearly as many calories as my wine). There were a few croutons on there but not many, so we ate them. We added no extra sauce - no mayonnaise, no salad cream. And we had one glass of wine each (well, one and a half, our willpower isn't that good).

We sat a drooled a bit at the boys' chips, baked beans, chicken nuggets and ice cream... But we did it.

On day 3 of our 8 week diet, we had our day out in Bournemouth and we didn't slip up (much).

I'm going to bed tonight with a grand total of 853 calories inside of me. Well done us, for sticking to our guns, even though we would have loved to blow the diet out of the water.

And, do you know what? Chicken Caeser salad is actually really nice. I didn't feel bloated or a bit sick like I usually do after burgers and fish and chips (not on the same day obviously). It was a really great alternative and one I think I will keep when these 8 weeks comes to an end.

For dinner tonight we made the Beetroot Falafels we should have had for lunch and they were amazing. They come highly recommended and when I get my head round this blog I think I will tweak the recipe (to my taste) and post it on here. I have never cooked with beetroot before so a massive thank you goes to Dr Mosley tonight - THANK YOU!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment