Saturday 6 August 2016

Saturday Sweet Day

When I was little, my parents would only let me have sweets on a Saturday. This became known to me as 'Saturday Sweet Day'. And it worked. My teeth were healthy, strong and white. I didn't get fat or ill, or spotty. I didn't crave sweets or chocolate. That all came later, when I was university, but that's another story for another day.

Today we had a Saturday Sweet Day of our own and the boys had their sweets, the very ones which had been tempting me last night. I had three of their sweets today. I am not ashamed and I do not feel guilty. I have stuck to the diet all day today apart from those three sweets.

We've had salads for lunch and dinner. Our dinner was an amazing steak cooked by my husband - he always cooks our steaks. It has been a beautiful sunny day and we've all spent quality time together, for which I am truly thankful. It has been (mostly) peaceful and relaxing.

Mum is doing well too. Sticking to the 800 calories a day doesn't seem so hard for Mum. But then she lives alone with no one to buy sweets and ice lollies for (I very nearly failed today when all the boys had ice lollies, but I resisted). There isn't as much temptation in my mum's kitchen as there is in mine! But hopefully we are both making progress and at the end of day six things are looking good.

Fingers crossed that my willpower remains high for tomorrow...

Good night :o)





No comments:

Post a Comment