Friday 5 August 2016

Willpower and the Chewy Sweets

Last night I was able to resist the temptation of a rice cake with my iron will. Tonight, straight after dinner, I tried and failed to resist one of the boys' gummy sweets. They have been on the kitchen worktop all day and I've struggled to avoid them. But after dinner I just couldn't resist their sweet cries any longer. I popped in a gelatinous strawberry-shaped fiend and felt instantly ashamed, while thinking how amazing and sweet and chewy it was. I could literally eat the whole tub. I am proud of myself for somehow managing to resist the rest (small positives!).

I read somewhere that after salty food, you tend to crave something sweet. This was probably my downfall today as I added a sprinkling of pink Himalayan salt on my dinner. I haven't added much salt to my food this week so this was probably a salt bomb going off on my taste buds. I think after tonight I will resist adding salt for the remainder of this diet. Especially if there are sweets within easy reach!

Dinner: Spicy Chicken and Lentils
Day five, has been without a doubt, the toughest diet-day to date for me by far. I have a headache, I feel sluggish and tired. And hungry. Incidentally it has been the day that I have consumed the most calories. Today I am nearly at 900.

Friday is usually my evening to unwind and have a glass of wine (half a bottle), a bag of Malteasers (who am I a kidding, a box!), crisps, popcorn, biscuits, and to be honest anything I can get my drunken hands on. Not tonight though, not this Friday, or the next seven. My willpower is having to work overtime tonight.

I will do my best to go to bed without having allowed another calorie pass my lips. It will be a real struggle though.

Sticking to this diet is taking as much willpower as I can muster. I just hope it doesn't run out over the weekend.

Wish me willpower.


No comments:

Post a Comment