Thursday 4 August 2016

Small Positives are Positives Too

8-Week Blood Sugar Diet - Day Four

It's definitely getting easier. Even if it's only getting a little bit easier. 

I didn't eat breakfast. I tried to make baked egg in avocado and ended up with a mess, which, when faced with first thing in the morning, I decided I couldn't face it. I had two cups of tea instead of breakfast. 

Then Leo, my three-year-old, fell face-first out of the trampoline (through the zip of the doorway which his older brother was just about to zip up!) onto the gravel. So we had to deal with blood and swollen lips and scratches, and general trauma (me as well) before lunch. 

Then during lunch my place in the Harry Potter ticket queue came up so I had a LOT of stress to try and book tickets for that! 

Then during dinner the same thing happened!!! 

All in all, it's a wonder I've stuck to any kind of diet today, let alone an 800 calorie diet. In times of stress I normally turn to food, and not the good kind. It's usually laden with sugar and empty calories. So a pat on the back for surviving today (best to focus on the positives).   

To help me along this long journey, I have made a wall chart where I can cross off every day as I go through the diet. So today, after dinner, I crossed off day four. Just 52 days left to go. I am hopeful that this will give me a visual sense of achievement which will keep me going during the tough times. Like today. 

Focus on the positives, says Dr Michael Mosley, even if they are very small.  
PMA, my husband bleats at me when I am feeling hopeless. Positive. Mental. Attitude.
Always look on the bright side of life, sang Monty Python (Eric Idle).

My wall chart may only be a flimsy bit of paper with some numbers on it, but it is a positive reminder that me, and Mum, are fighting for better health. We are positively changing ourselves in the face of the sugar land in which we live!!!

Happy Thursday everyone! :o) 



No comments:

Post a Comment